I don’t know about you but I was always taught that one of the reasons we are on this planet is to learn about and from one another. Sometimes I think as a species we have not learned very much. Sure, we’ve made advancements in various areas but one can be “book smart” and have no life experience and as a result no “walking round” sense. I would like to share with you some of my “walking round” experience that I gained from 44 years of life in a booming southern town.
- Just when I think I’ve learned something I soon find out that I really haven’t learned anything at all. [okay, corny but true]
- Always say my prayers and take my vitamins [thanks Hulk Hogan].
- It’s hard not to do but try not to judge an entire group by the idiocy of one person.
- If someone doesn’t like your comment on Facebook or upvote your latest picture it’s not the end of the world.
- Always bet on black.
- If you have at least one person that you think the world of and that person thinks the world of you then you are a very blessed person indeed [thank you, my brutha–you know who you are]
- Thanks to my father and his career I have traveled all over the United States and lived in Hawaii for about 3 years but no where in this world are there prettier women than in the state of Tennessee!
- Pain is not something that always goes away. Sometimes you just have to find a way to ease the pain enough so that you can function. The way to do that is NOT with alcohol.
- Take what you’ve learned and share it with others. You might accidentally wind up helping somebody else.